|BFFs||Ghoulia Yelps & Clawdeen Wolf|
|Read the full profile|
Wydowna Spider is a 2011-introduced and all-around character. She is a monsterous spider, specifically the daughter of Arachne, and a student at Monster High. Due to her six arms, Wydowna is one of the most productive monsters in existence. Multitasking is not a problem to her, although it can suddenly burn her out. She is skilled in both sewing and drawing, which has made her a close associate of Clawdeen Wolf fashion-wise and Ghoulia Yelps comic-wise.
In English, Wydowna is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald.
Wydowna is a kind, eager monster who is always ready to help others out, and thanks to her multiple arms, she can easily do several things at the same time. She loves to keep herself busy, and has offered to help out her friends in several projects, such as Ghoulia's comics and Clawdeen's fashion designs.
As a humanoid black widow spider, Wydowna possesses six arms, fangs, and six red eyes, of which the lowest two are human-like in appearance. Her skin is black and her hair red. She has a widow's peak that is visible when her fringe is curled backwards.
Arachne was a weaver who bragged about her weaving abilities, and the Greek goddess Athena got annoyed and challenged Arachne to a weaving contest. Arachne accepted, and the picture she weaved was actually better than Athena's. Athena got mad and made Arachne hang herself with what thread was left from the weaving, but then regretted it and turned her into a spider, cursed to weave her webs for the rest of her life.
She is Arachne's daughter.
Her profile states that she is BFFs with Clawdeen Wolf and Ghoulia Yelps. A screenshot of her iCoffin is included on her diary, showing texts of Clawdeen. She also appears to be friends with Twyla, due to her detailing about her in her diary.
Her pet is a large housefly named Shoo.
- July 21, 2011: Wydowna Spider is one of the contenders in the San Diego Comic-Con International 2011 contest under the name Daughter of Arachne.
- July 23, 2011: Wydowna Spider's contest description is posted on the Monster High Facebook account.
- August 11, 2011: Wydowna Spider is announced to not have won the San Diego Comic-Con International 2011 contest.
- June 25, 2012: Mattel requests the trademark for Wydowna Spider.
- Early January, 2013: Wydowna Spider is featured in the Polterghoul comic booklet.
- May 07, 2013: Wydowna Spider is semi-revealed to be the San Diego Comic-Con International exclusive of 2013 through MattyCollector.com.
- May 15, 2013: Wydowna Spider is fully revealed to be the San Diego Comic-Con International exclusive of 2013 through MattyCollector.com and the Gory Gazette.
- July 18, 2013: Wydowna Spider's debut doll is for sale at San Diego Comic-Con International as that year's exclusive.
- September 26, 2013: Wydowna Spider makes her 3D cartoon in "13 Wishes".
- The name "Wydowna Spider" is black widow-inspired play on "Winona Ryder", a USAmerican actress whose career contains a role in the 1988 comedy horror movie Beetlejuice.
- Prior to Wydowna receiving her name, one of the suggested fan names was Spiderella. As well, when the Threadarella trademark was found, for a while fans suspected it was her name-to-be, but that rumor was debunked by inside sources. It is likely that the name of Wydowna's superheroine's alter-ego, Webarella, is a nod to the fans on top of a reference to various comic heroines with a name ending on -erella.