|BFFs||Lagoona Blue and Gillington "Gil" Webber|
|Read the full profile|
Venus McFlytrap is a 2012-introduced and all-around character. She is a plant monster and a student at Monster High. While there are problems for all students attending and staff working at a school that does not by default offers facilities to cater to their specific monster needs, plant monsters have it on average tougher due to different sustenance needs and a bigger sensitivity to the immediate environment. Venus is no exception, but is hesitant to ask for help if not prompted to it by another. On the other hand, she has few qualms about using her pollen of persuasion to control people to do small things like sort trash and tend to the flora surrounding the school. Because of this, fellow students are careful around her and at times avoid her. Venus is not always aware of this and when she is, she is more sad than sorry because it is her fellow students' disregard for the wellbeing of monsters like her that forces her hand in the first place. Venus does try to find other ways to spread her message, but so far, it is not very successful.
She is voiced by Julie Maddalena Kliewer in English.
Venus' personality is like her style, as she quotes, 'bright, loud and in your face'. One of the biggest themes present in her personality is care for the environment, even going as far as controlling monsters to support her cause. She will do what she thinks is right, even if it means by force. Although she appears tough and intimidating, she is actually very compassionate, especially towards plants.
Her special skill is called "Pollen Persuasion". By unleashing an amount of "special" pollen on a person, she can manipulate their thoughts and actions, but she can do this with only one person at a time. She is aware mind control is a questionable practice, but still does it if she feels the cause is worthy. She is a very down to earth monster.
Venus has bright green skin with hot pink and green hair, which is shaved on one side and is swept to the left. She has multiple teeth protruding from her mouth and has vines entangled around her arms, neck, and ankles.
The triffids were mobile carnivorous plants seen in Day of the Triffids, a book by John Wyndham, and several film adaptions of the same name. They are described as having no nervous system, therefore quite unintelligent and acting only on instinct.
Another prominent influence is the Venus flytrap Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, a comedy horror film originally released by Roger Corman in the 1950s, followed by the more well-known musical remake in the 1980s. Audrey II was discovered after a total solar ecplise by Seymore Krelborn, a guy that can't seem to catch a break. He convinces his boss to use the plant (who he named after his crush) to attract customers to the flower shop. It works immediately. However, Audrey II doesn't do so well and begins to wilt. Seymore tries to revive Audrey II and discovers the plant needs fresh blood. With Audrey II healthy and growing the flower shop and Seymore boom in popularity. When Seymore can't use his own blood to feed Audrey II, Audrey II reveals it can speak and demands more food. Seymore complies until he realizes Audrey II is actually from outer space here to conquer Earth by breeding copies of itself and brainwashing the inhabitants with some sort of psychic control.
- September 22, 2011: Mattel requests the trademark for Venus McFlytrap.
- December 30, 2011: The Walmart website sets up pages in preparation of the releases of Venus McFlytrap, Rochelle Goyle, Robecca Steam and Jackson Jekyll.
- February 11, 2011: Venus McFlytrap's first doll is on display at American International Toy Fair.
- February 12, 2012: Venus McFlytrap makes her 3D cartoon debut in "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?".
- February 13, 2012: Venus McFlytrap's profile is published on the Freaky Fab 13 microsite.
- Early April, 2012: Venus McFlytrap makes her diary debut in Jackson Jekyll's 'Between Classes' diary.
- April 13, 2012: Venus McFlytrap's profile is published on the Monster High website.
- April 13, 2012: Venus McFlytrap's profile art is revealed.
- April 19, 2012: Venus McFlytrap makes her 2D cartoon debut in "Unearthed Day".
- Early July, 2012: Venus McFlytrap's first doll is released as part of the 'Between Classes' series.
- September 5, 2012: Venus McFlytrap makes her Ghoulfriends book debut in Ghoulfriends Forever.
- Her catch phrase is "It's not scary being green".
- Her prototype box seen at the Toy Fair 2012 had a different catch phrase which was "A shrieking violet".
- In both the webisodes and the CGI's she does not have any piercings or earrings at all.
- Venus bears a heavy resemblance to Poison Ivy, also known as Pamela Isley, a DC comics character and long-time enemy of Batman. Like Venus, Ivy is very concerned about the environment and also is shown to have light mind control abilities, usually seen in the form of spores. In that regard, she also has many similarities to DC character Swamp Thing.
- Her "pollen persuasion" mind control may also be a reference ot the original Roger Corman version of Little Shop Of Horrors, in which Audrey II used mind control to make Seymour more compliant(as the original film was a low budget production, the plant itself barely moved). This ability was left out of the more famous 1980s version, but was again featured in Little Shop, a 1990s cartoon series based on the film.
- As revealed in the book Ghoulfriends Forever, she is the oldest of quite a few younger siblings (how many is unspecified) and the only girl of them all.