Stardoll is a community-focussed digital doll dress-up website launched in 2004 as Paperdoll Heaven by Liisa Wrang and relaunched in 2006 under its current name. Stardoll targets a demographic of ages of 9 to 17, with a focus on female users. Registration is free and comes with a MeDoll (designed by the user) and an own space one the site designed as a two-room living space. Users are given a few starcoins and stardollars at the start, the website's currency, to buy themselves more digital clothes and other dolls. More currency can be earned by playing games or participating in activities on the site. There's also an option to a paid account, which makes the living space larger and earning site currency easier.
Mattel partnered with Stardoll first to promote Barbie, and Monster High dolls and fashion were added to the partnership on May 5, 2010 - the launch date of the franchise. The first dolls added were the primary seven of the 'Basic' cast and the first fashion likewise was the 'Basic' fashion. Since then, more has steadily been added and Stardoll has been involved with various kinds of promotions, most notably a chat with Draculaura to celebrate the Sweet 1600 releases.
- June 5, 2010 - Stardoll holds a contest in which people can play with the Monster High digital dolls for starcoins.
- February 14, 2012 - A chat with Draculaura was hosted at Stardoll. Questions asked and answered both dealt with in-character and out-of-character questions.
- August 28, 2012 - The Monster High Club is founded and garners members quickly by offering free items for several membership count milestones. The club's marketing goes hand-in-hand with the reveal of three new Monster High digital dolls.
- February 15, 2013 - A fashion design contest was held to celebrate the Scaris: City of Frights series and the upcoming release of "Scaris: City of Frights". At the same, the five main characters of the story were released as digital dolls.
- May 5, 2010 - Frankie Steinlink, Draculauralink, Clawdeen Wolflink, Lagoona Bluelink, Deuce Gorgonlink, Cleo de Nilelink, and Ghoulia Yelpslink dolls are added.
- November 16, 2010 - Dawn of the Dance and Gloom Beach fashion are added.
- February 6, 2012 - Sweet 1600 versions of Frankie Steinlink, Draculauralink, and Clawdeen Wolflink dolls are added.
- August 28, 2012 - Robecca Steamlink, Rochelle Goylelink, and Venus McFlytraplink dolls are added.
- February 15, 2013 - Scaris: City of Frights versions of Clawdeen Wolflink, Rochelle Goylelink, Frankie Steinlink, Jinafire Longlink, and Skelita Calaveraslink dolls are added. Each dress-up game came with a 99 seconds-long trailer of "Scaris: City of Frights".