Madison Fear is a kind-hearted ghoul who loves to sing and has limited finesse out of the water. She hates bullying and bullies, nor is very fond of false accusations that her voice brings misery.
Madison Fear has purple hair with blue streaks. Her top half's skin color is human-like tan, while the bottom half shows blue scales. She has leg fins and webbed fingers, along with gills on her neck. Her outfit consists of a strapless white shirt covered by a black see-through jacket, pink shorts and a belt with a shell buckle on it, and a gold headband with a starfish on it and seaweed flowing from it. Her shoes are aqua with gold laces and gold, dolphin-shaped heels.
- December 15, 2013: Madison Fear's fashion and haircut are added to the Maul on the Monster High website.
- January 10, 2014: Mattel introduces Madison Fear on Facebook and Tumblr.
- January 16, 2013: Madison Fear's profile is published on the Monster High website.
- March 15, 2014: Madison Fear's debut doll is released as an official custom doll.
- She is based on Madison Beer, a teen pop idol and singer.