As Lagoona prepares for her scaremester in Madread, she worries that Gil might have already found a new fresh-water ghoulfriend.
On her last swim practice before she leaves for her exchange trip to Madread, Lagoona visits the pool and chats with Sirena, admitting she'll miss her friends and Gil once she travels. They see Gil chatting with Lorna, and Lagoona asks him if he wants to go shopping with her. But Lorna says that Gil promised to help her out with a problem. Lagoona lets them go, and Sirena is surprised that she doesn't feel jealous about them hanging out. Lagoona states she's fine, but looks at the two suspiciously...
Throughout the day, Lagoona sees Gil and Lorna spending time together, and becomes increasingly distressed. She admits to Sirena that she really does feel jealous, espeically since she knows Gil's parents would be glad if Gil dumped her for a freshwater monster like Lorna. Sirena suggests she just talks to Gil about it, but she doesn't want to look like she doesn't trust him. Even though she's starting to lose that trust as she sees Gil and Lorna head for the pool.
Lagoona and Sirena decide to follow the two to an underwater submarine. Sneaking up to the windows, Lagoona grabs a conch shell and presses it to the glass to hear what they're saying. When she hears Lorna say "I don't care if we come from two different worlds, we belong together!", Lagoona jolts in surprise and accidentally breaks the window with the shell, sending water - and the two of them - flooding into the house. They confront Gil, and he tells them what's really going on; Lorna has a boyfriend she talks to online named Finn, who is a saltwater merman, and Gil has been helping her find a way to tell her father about their relationship, since he knows all about the problems she faces from his time with Lagoona. Embarrassed, Lagoona claims she knew all about what they were really doing, and gives Gil the conch shell, claiming it's a gift for him to remember her by when she leaves.
The next day, Lagoona is at her host school, Don Queijote High, in Madread, talking to Gil via their iCoffins. Gil is glad that Lagoona is enjoying herself, and shows he's still thinking of her by showing off the shell she gave him.
- Don Quixote High is a reference to the 1605-1615 novel The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes. One of its iconic scenes has Don Quixote fight windmills, and Don Quixote is covered in windmills.
- Lagoona is preparing herself to go spend a semester in Madread, a decision she made in "Sayonara Draculaura".
- This episode kicks off Lagoona's, Gil's, and Lorna's love triangle situation in the cartoon. It had earlier been brought up in Lagoona's Monster Exchange diary.
- Finn makes his cartoon debut.
- Wasn't Lorna going back home after having been around the whole semester in "Lochness Lorna".