|Pet||I had a dog once, but I had to give him away because every time I took him out for a walk, animal control would try and pick him up as a stray. Now I have a box, which may or may not contain a cat.|
|BFFs||I can blend in with any crowd.|
|Read the full profile|
Invisi Billy is a practical joker with a twisted sense of humor. His art, bio and box were released on the Monster High Facebook account and the Gory Gazette on April 1, 2012 to correspond with the theme of joker, and also be a little joke of its own.
Invisi Billy is voiced in English by Evan Smith.
Invisi Billy is a trickster who hates going unnoticed.
Billy has an icy blue skin tone which looks almost white, gray eyes, and his hair is a dark shade of blue when he is visible. When he is invisible he is completely transparant with little sign of him being there.
Invisi Billy is based on the titular scientist from the science fiction novella The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells, and the 1933 film adaption by Universal Studios.
The invisible man in the story is called Dr. Griffin (Dr. Jack Griffin in the film), and he used himself as guinea pig in an experiment to alter the refractive index of living bodies to that of air, so that light would no longer be absorbed or reflected and the subjects therefore would be invisible. It didn't take him long to abuse his power, eventually resulting in his demise. Upon death, his body became visible again.
Invisi Billy is the son of the Invisible Man.
Invisi Billy used to have a pet dog, but he had to give him away because he couldn't walk the poor thing without people thinking he was a stray. Since then, Invisi Billy has acquired a box, which may or may not contain a cat which on his box is called "a quantum cat".
- April 1, 2012: Mattel introduces Invisi Billy on Facebook and Tumblr.
- April 16, 2012: Mattel requests the trademark for Invisi Billy.
- April 20, 2012: Invisi Billy makes his 2D cartoon debut in "Unearthed Day".
- Invisi Billy was officially introduced to the fanbase as an April Fools' Day joke in 2012. Both the Monster High Facebook account and the Gory Gazette were updated with pictures and articles on a new student at Monster High. The pictures contained empty boxes, with the taunting quote "How do you know I am not in the box?", while the profile revealed that Invisi Billy was a prankster. Later on April Fool's Day, Mattel announced the joke, explaining that Invisi Billy was real but that he wouldn't come out any time soon.
- Two weeks prior to Invisi Billy's reveal, a number of webisodes had their relative versions uploaded on the Mexican and Brazillian Monster High websites. Among them was "Scare-born Infection", which features Invisi Billy prominently, so a part of the fandom knew he was going to be real.
- Invisi Billy's pet, a box which may or may not contain a pet, is a reference to Schrödinger's cat - a famous thought experiment on the concept of quantum mechanics.
- As an invisible boy, Invisi Billy has a resemblance to Billy Phaidin, a book-original character. However, the two are nothing alike in build, clothing, or manifestation of their invisibility, which suggests that they are not the same character. Time will tell whether the two are the same character or not.