Hoodude Voodoo is a 2011-introduced and all-around character. He is a human-sized living voodoo doll, created by Frankie Stein to be her emergency boyfriend. She realized soon after she wasn't ready for a relationship yet and broke it off, leaving Hoodude in despair because being with Frankie was his life's purpose. After a long time, he picked himself up and found other things to enjoy about life. Romance itself still is one of his favorite topics, but a good sappy movie can accommodate that. Hoodude is the kind of person that is always willing to help and almost always looks at the bright side, to the point of hopeless naivety. He currently lives at Kindergrubber's.
Cam Clarke voices him in English.
Hoodude is a kind soul, but with a penchant for melodrama. His main concern in life is being loved by Frankie, but he pursues it passively rather than actively. As a voodoo doll, he doesn't experience physical pain and seems oblivious to it, as such harm done to him is instead felt by any monster near him or is felt by the owner of any item he is holding at the time of being harmed. Hoodude is often clumsy but also always ready to help out, especially people he recognizes his own troubles in.He enjoys to engage in poetry and writing.
Hoodude is a walking ragdoll, with a mostly grey skin with patches of various hues of blue, with visible stiches. Blue felt strands hair and a black nose, Hoodude also sports a mouth with stiches connecting the lips (which still allow him to talk) and two differently colored button eyes, just like his creator Frankie Stein. Additionally he has various nails sticking out from his body.
Hoodude, a voodoo doll, has many biological abilities, adquired the day of his creation.
- Voodoo: Like a voodoo doll, when Hoodoo is hurt, whoever is close to him or whose stuff he is holding will feel the pain for him, and suffer the respective consequences. Usually this effects create a little spark around the zone affected, possibly a callback to his creator.
- Pain Inability: Hoodude is inable to feel pain and is very hardly damaged, as he has been through several deadly situations without a scratch.
As a simulacrum, Hoodude does not have family in the same way natural creatures have. He and his creator, Frankie Stein, do not view each other as family, though Frankie's parents do believe themselves to have responsibility for Hoodude's well-being.
For a short while, Hoodude lived with the Steins, but Frankie's parents eventually needed him out of the house for Frankie's sake. Mr. Stein arranged for Hoodude to live with Ms. Kindergrubber. Kindergrubber already had another adoptee of sorts, Robecca Steam, but it is unknown how Hoodude views her.
Despite that Heath Burns is a pain-magnet and Hoodude is just the same - only he passes on pain to others near him - Hoodude and Heath hang out occasionally and are on good terms with each other. This can be seen in webisodes such as "Zom-Beach Party" and "Hoodoo That Voodoo That You Do".
Hoodude is good friends with Scarah Screams, who has a locker near his. Scarah likes Hoodude because he is a good listener, and Hoodude, being a sensitive soul, just appreciates all positive attention he gets.
Hoodude was made especifically to act as Frankie's boyfriend, and only to be so, and was incredibly scarred when he learned she did not have feelings for him, considering he had failed his sole purpose, the main cause of his miserable and gloomy personality. However, most recently, he has overcame the rejection and has became more happy and rather oblivious to anything else around him.
- May 19, 2011: Hoodude Voodoo makes his 2D cartoon debut in "HooDoo You Like?".
- January 23, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo's profile art is revealed in the Gory Gazette.
- February 12, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo makes his 3D cartoon debut in "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?".
- May 29, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo is heavily implied to be the other San Diego Comic-Con International exclusive of 2012 through MattyCollector.com.
- June 12, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo, along with Scarah Screams, is officially announced as the San Diego Comic-Con International exclusive on the Monster High Facebook account and in the Gory Gazette.
- July 12, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo's debut doll is for sale at San Diego Comic-Con International as that year's exclusive.
- July 12, 2012: Hoodude Voodoo makes his diary debut in his SDCCI diary.
- March 11, 2014: Hoodude Voodoo's 3D model is updated and debuts in "Frights, Camera, Action!".
- April 03, 2014: Mattel requests the trademark for Hoodude Voodoo.