Volume 3, Episode 2: The ghouls conjure up their competitive spirits to play Cleo's favorite sleepover game.
Cleo has Frankie, Clawdeen, Draculaura, Ghoulia, and Abbey over for a slumber party. This is a new experience for Abbey, so the girls summarize all the activities they like to do at a sleepover. Cleo brings up her favorite party game: Gargoyles to Gargoyles, which draws a few weary looks from her older friends.
As the girls prepare for a game of Gargoyles to Gargoyles to please Cleo, she proudly warns Abbey that she is undefeated. What neither Cleo nor Abbey know, though, is that Cleo is undefeated because the other girls let her win, because Cleo is very competitive and they are afraid to offend her by winning. Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Frankie all create their own defeats to get the game over with, but Abbey puts up a challenge for Cleo. The girls take her aside for a moment to explain the situation, but Abbey does not agree with their choice for cowardice.
Back at the game, Cleo and Abbey are at each other's throats, but Abbey is too good or lucky for Cleo to beat. Abbey triumphantly knocks Cleo out of the game and the other girls cringe as Cleo seemingly bursts into anger. But instead, Cleo is actually delighted to lose, because she's been looking for a worthy competitor. She exclaims that they'll be playing all night and the other girls, understanding that they misjudged Cleo, happily join in.
- The name "Gargoyles to Gargoyles" seems to based off the name of the card game "Apples to Apples", which is currently published by Mattel. The two games do not resemble each other rule-wise.
- The "DeNile" part of the title is a play on the word 'denial'.
- The last time a slumber party occurred in the cartoon was Volume 1's "A Scare of a Dare". Back then, Cleo insisted on the game Truth or Scare.
- Cleo's vanity is shown for the first time.
- Cleo's house was previously seen in "Miss Infearmation", but it wasn't drawn back then being near a town.
- All the original Dead Tired outfits were previously seen in "Fright On!", with the exception of Ghoulia's. Her Dead Tired animation model uses the head model of her 'Basic' look, meaning that rather than red glasses and her hair in a ponytail, she wears white glasses and her hair held back by a headband.
- Abbey's Dead Tired outfit is part of a second series of Dead Tired dolls, which would see release in June 2012.