The diary continuity is one of the three main Monster High continuities, told through the diaries that are included with several lines of dolls. The diary continuity lightly overlaps with the cartoon continuity, in that most storyline events are either confirmed to happen in both or implied to happen in both. However, those events do not occur in exactly the same way or in exactly the same order between the continuities, which causes them to be separate continuities.
The diary continuity is a little less story-heavy than the other continuities, but makes up for that by offering a level of insight into the characters that no other continuity does. Technically, the diary continuity encompasses all the information in the doll logs, but it's almost only the diaries that form a storyline.
The fact the diaries are created by a small team makes their continuity a flexible one. The diaries are prone to contain clever explanations to tidbits in both their own continuity and the webisodes', which makes them a vibrant read. On the downside, the continuity is completely dependent on the doll releases. If a certain character does not have a release in one of the diary-containing lines at a certain moment, their story either doesn't continue in sync with the other characters' stories and may have to be awkwardly get back on in a diary entry of a later date, or it is only told through the limited perspective of other characters.
Though the diary entries mention the date they were written, they neglect to mention the year, leaving the order a bit muddled. On account of all diaries in a line sharing mention of at least one event, such as the fight between Clawd and Spectra in the 'School's Out' diaries, it is certain that the diaries of a line describe the months of the same year as one another. Keeping this in mind, the order appears to be as follows:
A century ago:
- Robecca Steam's diary (September 19 - October 15)
- C.A. Cupid's diary (August 10 - November 16)
- Frankie Stein's SDCCI diary (June 26)
- 'Basic' diaries (June 30 - September 6)
- 'School's Out' diaries (September 7 - October 26)
- Dawn of the Dance diaries (no date, but presumably early October)
- Sweet 1600 diaries (November 11 - February 3)
- Sweet 1600 diaries (November 11 - February 3)
- C.A. Cupid's diary (January 10 - February 1)
- Gloom Beach messages (no date, but presumably March)
- Hoodude Voodoo's SDCCI diary (May 21 - June 7)
- Ghoulia Yelps's SDCCI diary (no date, but presumably late July)
- 'Campus Stroll' diaries (July 20 - August 31)
- Main line v4 diaries (September 9 - November 15)
- Scarah Screams's SDCCI diary (October 1 - November 18)
- Hoodude Voodoo's SDCCI diary (October 15 - November 18)
- Dot Dead Gorgeous diaries (no date, but presumably early October)
The Stardoll chat with Draculaura confirmed that her Sweet 1600 happens in 2012. This would mean that Year 2 corresponds to 2012, Year 1 to 2011, and Year 0 to 2010.
The diary continuity has few outright continuity errors, but there are holes in the storyline. Most of these can be explained away with a bit of fan creativity, but the canon itself is silent on the matter.
- Frankie's Year 1, August 26 entry has her crying for the first time, an aspect of being alive that she wasn't aware of until then. However, her Year 1, June 26 entry has her casually mentioning her mother crying of joy.
- Deuce's Year 1, July 18 entry has him meeting Jackson on the casketball court. However, Holt's diary states that he didn't move to the city until Year 1, July 23.
- Holt mentions going on a date with Operetta in his Year 1, August 10 entry. He also states that Operetta's father is a teacher at Monster High in his Year 1, August 20 entry. Several 'School's Out' diaries corroborate that Operetta is a student at Monster High in Year 1. However, Operetta's diary starts in Year 2, and details how she and her family move to the city in that year.
- Cleo calls herself a crown princess in her Year 1, August 19 entry. This is Nefera's title, not Cleo's, as confirmed by Cleo's Year 1, October 22 entry and Nefera's Year 2, August 25 entry.
- In her Year 1, September 15 entry, Draculaura says she broke up with Jackson because he never showed up to their dates. She specifies that the breaking point was a party that according to Holt's diary was on Year 1, August 3. However, Draculaura was very much in love with Jackson until much later according to Clawdeen's Year 1, September 5 entry.
- Holt's diary ends in Year 1, September 5, and makes it clear he does not know about his alter ego Jackson. Jackson starts his entry of Year 2, September 9 with the revelation he and Jackson have learned about their dual nature. This is a rather late entry considering that according to Frankie's Year 1, November 30 entry, she already knew Jackson and Holt were the same.
- Jackson's Year 2, September 9 entry states that his mother is a Jekyll/Hyde and his father a fire elemental, and implies it's through his father that he is related to Heath. However, the video game Ghoul Spirit states that it was Jackson and Holt's mother who is the sibling of Heath's father.
- In her Year 1, August 15 entry, Ghoulia says Cleo started dating Deuce a day after breaking up with Clawd. According to C.A.'s Year 0, November 1 entry, both events happened on the same day.
- C.A.'s Year 0, November 2 entry describes the route to C.A.'s broadcast studio to involve going "all the way up a winding set of stairs". This is an unlikely direction if C.A.'s Sweet 1600 back-of-the-box story is to be believed, which states her studio to be located in the catacombs.
- Scarah and Hoodude go with each other to the fall athletics banquet in the Year 2, November entries. Scarah's entry claims its on the 18th, Hoodude's on the 8th. Since a date-typo in Hoodude's diary is more likely than in Scarah's because Scarah writes her dates out, the event presumably takes place on the 18th.
A century agoEdit
- Robecca misses the train and is forced to return to Kindergrubber's boarding house for the day. She sends a telegraph to her father to inform him of this and that she'll leave tomorrow. On the upside, she is now able to attend Draculaura's gala birthday ball in the company of the Steins.
- At the ball, Robecca pleasantly meets Draculaura, but has an unsettling experience when one of the guests denies her identity as monster. However, the Steins and Dracula come to her defense, making her feel good again.
- Robecca spends her day in the company of the Steins, unknowingly answering questions they have in regards to making a teenage daughter of their own one day. Robecca asks Dr. Stein if he could help her with the problem of her internal clock, but he answers that he can't.
- C.A. observes that Clawd and Cleo are not the perfect couple she thought they would be, partly because they have separate interests in life, partly because Cleo is falling in love with Deuce Gorgon despite the spell.
- Frankie is excited by her first encounter with rain and her father goes with her to play in it.
- Draculaura takes a walk in the rain to look at her vegetable garden.
- Clawdeen hates rain because it affects her hair, so she gives herself a new short haircut.
- Cleo secretly loves to dance around in the rain, but she has to keep her father from seeing.
- Deuce can't skate because of the rain.
- Lagoona loves the wet weather and goes out for a walk on the beach.
- Ghoulia gets caught near the mailbox by the rain and is soaked by the time she shuffles back inside her home.
- Cleo spends the day choosing this year's fearleading uniforms and routines.
- Deuce goes to the park to play casketball and ends up meeting Jackson.
- Lagoona hangs out with Draculaura and Clawdeen, and they all get pizza and try on bathing suits.
- Ghoulia starts reading a comic book series called Dead Fast.
- Holt tries to stay up to see his new home at daytime, but falls asleep as he has done every time day breaks for as long as he can remember.
- Holt dances with Draculaura at a party and mentions her name afterwards, leaving Draculaura perplexed he knows her despite that she doesn't know him. Holt doesn't know where he knows her from either.
- Draculaura takes a casketberry pie to the Jekylls' house to welcome the family to the neighborhood. She immediately takes a shine to Jackson.
- Clawdeen ponders on what her outfit for the first day of school should be.
- Clawdeen tries a new hair remover for werewolves. It doesn't work.
- Lagoona hangs out with her dad and talks about school.
- Holt goes on a date with Operetta and gets into a fight with a gargoyle who accidentally bumps into her. Operetta and Holt get kicked, earning him her ire.
- Draculaura and Clawdeen go through the former's huge closet for clothes to donate to Ghoul Will. Draculaura makes sure to get Clawdeen and her large family some clothes too.
- Clawdeen and Draculaura go through the latter's huge closet for clothes to donate to Ghoul Will. Clawdeen accepts some clothes of Draculaura for her and her family.
- Ghoulia arrives at the Maul late and doesn't reach the shoe store before it closes, which it does five minutes too early. Clawdeen appears and forces the store lurk to treat Ghoulia respectfully. Ghoulia laments that Clawdeen is mad at Cleo for dumping her brother.
- Clawdeen goes to the Maul with her brother Clawd and spots Deuce Gorgon checking out cookbooks. She teases him, which angers Deuce, but Clawd prevents the matter from escalating.
- Deuce checks out cookbooks at the Maul, but is bothered by Clawdeen. He prepares to petrify her, but learns she is shopping with her brother Clawd and he has no desire to get into a conflict with a fellow casketball player.
- Cleo runs into Clawdeen at the Maul, which results in a fight. Cleo is so upset that she forgets she needs to buy a new night light.
- Cleo is tired because she didn't get much sleep on account of not having a night light and being afraid of the dark.
- Ghoulia meets Frankie and is charmed by her inquisitive nature.
- Holt thinks about taking night classes.
- Frankie goes to the Maul to shop for clothes with her mother, but isn't very interested in her mother's old-timey suggestions. She meets Clawdeen and Draculaura, who take her shopping to stores carrying fashion more suited for the now and Draculaura invites her to try out for the Fear Squad.
- Draculaura goes to the Maul with Clawdeen to exchange the clothes her father bought. The two meet Frankie and take her shopping. Draculaura suggests that Frankie tries out for the fearleading squad.
- Clawdeen comes along with Draculaura to the Maul and meets Frankie. They decide to help educate Frankie in picking her fashion.
- Cleo goes on a date with Deuce, where she is highly demanding of him and of the waitstaff at the restaurant. She is oblivious to Deuce's discomfort with her behavior.
- Deuce goes on a date with Cleo to a restaurant. He hardly enjoys it due to Cleo's demanding attitude towards both him and the waitstaff.
- Frankie's dad is working on a special project in the laboratory and Frankie wonders if she'll be getting a sibling. When she asks her mom, she is flabberghasted Frankie would think such a thing.
- Draculaura misses fearleading practice because Count Fabulous has a mothball.
- Draculaura relates how every year around her birthday, her father tries to convince her to start drinking blood again.
- Deuce tries to convince his mother to let him get a driver's licence, but ends up getting his skateboard taken away.
- Frankie breaks out in tears for the first time after her parents don't allow her to visit a moonlight party on the beach with Clawdeen and Draculaura. She is momentarily confused about what is happening to her eyes, but her parents explain it's natural and that just because she can't go to a party this time, doesn't mean she won't have an opportunity ever again.
- Draculaura goes walking with Jackson and is shocked when he asks her to turn him into a vampire so he will fit in at Monster High. Draculaura explains she can't do that because she's a vegetarian and assures him he'll fit in as a human just fine.
- Frankie loses a limb for the first time when her arm flies off while playing with Watzit. Her father teaches her how to put herself back together.
- Draculaura works on a newsletter for Vampires Advocating Meatless Protein (VAMP).
- Cleo hangs out with Ghoulia and they plan their classes together.
- Ghoulia hangs out with Cleo and they plan their classes together. Ghoulia reminisces on how Cleo helped her break out of her social anxieties.
- Deuce gets his regular pre-school letter about keeping his shades on.
- Lagoona tries to schedule regular pool time between the classes of the upcoming school year.
- Draculaura takes Jackson to the Wolfs' annual end of summer boo-b-que.
- At the BBQ, Clawdeen worries about the human boy Jackson that Draculaura brought along until he and Clawd start talking about football. She suspects that Draculaura has a crush on Jackson.
- Holt writes a song about his life.
- Frankie receives her Monster High welcome letter, which also happens to be the first letter she receives in her unlife.
- Draculaura looks forward to seeing all her friends again but will miss the freedom of summer.
- Clawdeen is excited for the new school year because she can't wait to be educated enough to start her own fashion empire.
- Cleo is not looking forward to mixing with "the commoners".
- Deuce is bored with summer, but not excited about the school year either.
- Lagoona spends time in a secret cove by the ocean to relax before the start of school.
- Ghoulia is eager to begin the school year so she can learn and hang out with her friends.
- Clawdeen has a tough day; though dressed to kill, at school she notices she missed a patch on her leg when shaving and goes through some emergency procedures to fix the mistake. This ends with her cutting herself with Draculaura nearby, which leads to her friend fainting, whom Clawdeen catches, though at the cost of a snapped heel. With a razor in one hand, an unconscious Draculaura in the other, and a bleeding calf, Purrsephone spots them and starts screaming that Clawdeen is killing her friend. It takes the appearance of Bloodgood to calm the students, but Clawdeen ends up having to spend the rest of the day barefoot, bandaged and with detention.
- Cleo has a nightmare about the Fear Squad giving a disastrous performance and decides to practice more.
- Frankie's dog Watzit gets into mischief while she's at school, so she decides to walk him more in the mornings.
- Draculaura 'breaks up' with Jackson because he never shows up on dates. She fondly recalls a DJ named Holt Hyde who danced with her one time that Jackson did not show up.
- Lagoona receives a custom surfboard from a friend from her home down under.
- Spectra gets her own gossip column in the school paper. It is called Oh My Oracle and done anonymously.
- Clawd wakes up feeling sore after being hit by an ogre during a big football game the night before. However, they won the game, so he doesn't feel too bad about it.
- Cleo means to ask Ghoulia, who is sitting alone in the creepateria, to sit with her and some friends. Ghoulia is drawing at the moment and doesn't see Cleo approaching. When Cleo speaks, Ghoulia slams shut her notebook and accuses Cleo of wanting to copy her notes. Cleo is hurt by this assumption, but Ghoulia apologizes later.
- Frankie admits that she still makes lots of mistakes even though she's been at school for a while. One of those is forgetting to memorize the school's layout, which causes her to get lost following a run-in with a zombie flash mob. Spectra finds her and lead her to her class, but she's late and gets a detention. Afterwards, Ghoulia shows her how to use her iCoffin's GPS.
- Abbey is embarrassed because she accidentally insulted Draculaura when trying to explain that her makeup was wrong. She says she feels like she wants to "quit".
- Frankie joins her dad on his weekly breakfast with his friends at a nearby die-ner. She doesn't plan to join him regularly, but she has a good time and appreciates seeing her father hang out with his friends.
- Draculaura goes to the beach with Frankie, Clawdeen and Clawd to watch Lagoona surf.
- Lagoona scores her first 10 of the season with surfing. She appreciates that her friends have come to watch her, but wonders why Gil couldn't make it. Gil later texts her to apologize and explain he was held back because of family matters.
- Abbey meets Lagoona and the two connect well since they share the experience of being an exchange student from far away. Abbey asks Lagoona what it was like for her when she was new, to which Lagoona explains that she found it hard until she made her first friend. Abbey reconsiders her wish to quit.
- Lagoona meets Abbey and talks with her about the obstacles of fitting in even at a place like Monster High if you're from a faraway culture and how difficult it can be to be away from your friends and family there.
- Frankie tries some new, stronger thread for her stitches, but her limbs keep falling off. In the gym, she gets nervous when the football team walks by and she greets everyone but just can't recall the name of the Scottish gargoyle on the team, whom she has a crush on. Frankie falls off the ladder she is standing on and is caught by the gargoyle, who comments that she's pretty.
- Draculaura takes a quiz in a teen magazine that tells her she's a "Woodland Nymph" who loves nature and animals.
- As Abbey spends her week at Bloodgood's, Shiver is given a place in the barn nearby Nightmare's stable. Abbey finds it calming to clean the stables and feed the two animals.
- Clawd visits the furmatologist to look at his shedding problem. He is told that nothing can be done and given a pamphlet about a support group. Clawd doesn't want to go and decides to deal with his problem his way.
Undated (presumably early October)Edit
- The Dawn of the Dance party takes place. Frankie is extra excited because the party will be her first ever. Clawdeen and Draculaura join forces to select their outfits for the party from Draculaura's huge closet. Lagoona and Ghoulia look forward to dancing and flirting with Gil and Slow-Moe respectively. Cleo pesters Deuce to make sure he shows up as the perfect date, while Deuce teases her by pretending he has no clue what would be an appropriate outfit for the party.
- Spectra overhears Deuce reciting love poetry in a room alone with Operetta and comes to the conclusion that Deuce is dumping Cleo for Operetta. She hurries to Cleo to get an interview out of her, asking if she believes this is just deserts for what she did to Clawd. Word of this reaches Clawd, who confronts Spectra about her gossip, which leads to both being summoned to the headmistress's office.
- Cleo is upset by the rumors Spectra is spreading about Deuce dumping her and cancels fearleading practice. Clawd comes to her aid and tries to talk with Spectra, but Spectra only takes that as a sign they tried to cover up the truth. Later that day, Cleo hears from Deuce that he and Operetta were composing a song for her for her upcoming birthday, a gesture which deeply moves Cleo.
- Frankie is sad because of fearleading practice being cancelled. She overhears the werecats gossip about the Operetta, Cleo, Deuce and Clawd rumors and feels bad about what her friends are doing to one another. Lagoona tells her to not believe everything she hears, which makes Frankie feel better.
- Draculaura is sad because Clawd and Spectra are fighting and won't even tell her what it's about. To make matters worse, Clawdeen blames Cleo, while Draculaura had been happy in recent weeks to see them growing tolerant of each other.
- Clawdeen plans to confront Cleo about the rumors that Spectra is spreading and her breakup with Clawd last year.
- Clawd confronts Spectra about the rumors that she has been spreading about him and Cleo, landing them both in the Headmistress's office.
- Abbey hears about the rumors Spectra's spreading and says that she does not like gossip and the harm it does to people.
- Lagoona relates the rumors circling the school to some rules that her mother told her about storms.
- Cleo doesn't want to write about her family's history in an essay because they lost much of their power through betrayal and the memory still hurts Cleo. She decides that instead she writes about what being a monster means to her, namely that she can command snakes, but would never use it to manipulate Deuce, that she always must wear some wrapping, and that her father owns a large collection of magical items.
- Frankie is excited about her heritage essay; she asks her parents about the Frankenstein novel, but decides in the end she doesn't have to read it because she gets to experience it every day.
- Spectra talks about her alleged family history, which sounds suspiciously like an amalgamation of stories from classic literature.
- Clawdeen details wolf pack dynamics in her essay, and says that her Monster High crew is like her own family too.
- For her essay, Draculaura writes about the fake Dracula, whose actions in Transylvanian have tarnished her father's name for centuries to come, and how her the real Dracula is actually her adoptive father, who took in her and her mother when no one else would some 1600 years ago.
- Abbey asks Bloodgood if rather than writing an essay, she can draw pictures, as this is how stories are told by her people on the mountain. Her idea is approved.
- For his essay, Clawd details how there are a lot of things werewolf-related that he may not know about yet and equally as many things he is forbidden to talk about outside of his pack. He decides to ask his parents what he is allowed to write about.
- Lagoona reflects on her parents and her own mixed heritage of sea monster and ocean nymph. She concludes that she inherited the best aspects of both of her parents.
- Cleo regrets allowing Purrsephone, Meowlody and Toralei to stay on the Fear Squad after Nefera's graduation because she doesn't trust them.
- Frankie dreams about a dance under the school, which is ended by a monster in her dream saying it is his dream and they are going to start over. Frankie doesn't remember much of the dream she was transported to, except feeling like a stranger.
- Draculaura and Frankie hear from Clawd about Clawdeen's hairdo disaster and decide to buy her some nice accessories to cheer her up.
- Clawdeen is glad with the gifts Draculaura and Frankie bring her to make her feel better about her haircut failure.
- Lagoona attends Mad Science class when Mr. Hackington receives a strange machine but has to leave it unattended for a moment. Heath takes the opportunity to examine the machine up close and is pulled in. Hackington returns and gets Heath out as quickly as possible, then cancels the class to deal with Heath's injuries. Lagoona later hears that Heath will be fine, but is given a few days off school to recover.
- In order to stop Clawdeen from going after Cleo, Clawd finally tells her the real story about his and Cleo's relationship. He and Cleo were both big names at Monster High a year ago, as leader of the football team and the fearleading team respectively. So, people suggested they'd start dating and they did. But while they enjoyed each other's company greatly, there was no spark. For various reasons, they stuck together for quite some time, but eventually reached a point they both became mature enough to end the charade. Cleo insisted though that she could tell she broke it off so as not to appear like she had gotten dumped. Clawd agreed, which turned out to be a stupid decision. With Cleo starting a relationship with Deuce the very next day, the two captains had set themselves up for a guaranteed spot in the Monster High rumor mill. Upon finishing his story, Clawd receives a punch in the arm and a hug from his sister.
- Clawdeen apologizes to Clawd now that she knows the truth about him and Cleo. She also decides to set things straight with Cleo.
- Spectra is annoyed by Ghoulia's mysterious popularity and decides tofolow her to see what's so remarkable about her. After several hours of finding nothing, Spectra follows Ghoulia to a room in the library Spectra always thought to be a place only she knew of. Spectra is even more surprised when it truns out that Ghoulia knows she's there and beckons her to come sit nearby. Ghoulia pulls out an old newspaper, which headline reads "The Real Vondergeists". Spectra breaks down from being confronted with her past, but Ghoulia consoles her, promising she won't tell anyone. Spectra finally understands what makes Ghoulia special.
- Cleo gets an email from her older sister Nefera, who's very critical of the way she manages the Fear Squad. Cleo is unimpressed, as the Fear Squad no longer is Nefera's business. Cleo also is a little confused that Nefera at all cares about anything related to high school if she's doing so well in the European modeling world as she claims she is doing.
- Clawdeen is mad that Howleen borrowed her jacket and messed it up.
- Frankie meets Abbey in the lunch line and eats lunch with her. Hearing she is a new student who has trouble with the English slang, she offers to teach her the language if Abbey will teach her how to snowboard. Abbey happily agrees.
- Abbey meets Frankie in the lunch line and eats lunch with her. The two have a conversation about being new, and make a deal that Frankie will teach Abbey English slang and Abbey will teach Frankie how to snowboard. Abbey is glad that she didn't quit after all.
- Lagoona and Gil have a fight during swimming practice, with Gil accusing Lagoona of being a snob because she suggested they'd mix up their practice with laps in the ocean. Gil later apologizes, but Lagoona is worried about the fact he won't open up about what's bothering him.
- Cleo runs into Clawdeen when they step out of the dressing room in exaclty the same outfits. Instead of a sarcastic comment, Clawdeen starts laughing, which infects Cleo. After they get kicked out of the store, they get something to eat and Clawdeen explains she know the truth about Cleo and Clawd now. Clawdeen apologizes for her past distrust and the two become frenemies.
- Draculaura gets caught without a coat in a downpour at quite a distance from her home. Without any shelter in sight, she begins to cry, but is saved from her misery by the surprise appearance of Clawd, who brings her an umbrella and gets her to her car. He gives her a warm coffinccino, drives her home and even walks her up to her door. Grateful and confused about her budding feelings, Draculaura kisses him on the cheek and flees inside.
- Clawd goes to study for his Biteology test in the library and finds it raining heavily once he decides to return home. He makes a detour past a coffee shop to get a coffinccino before driving home, but makes another stop on his way when he spots Draculaura crying in the rain without a coat. He grabs a compact umbrella and dashes through the rain towards her to get her safe and dry in his car. He gives her the coffinccino, then drives her home and even walks her up to her door. Draculaura rewards him with a kiss, after which she flees inside. Clawd is deeply confused, feeling again how he felt when the ogre hit him during the football game, only with a much sweeter scent teasing his senses. He goes home, where his mother is skeptical to believe he spent his time in the library due to the lip print on Clawd's cheek.
Undated (presumably March)Edit
- Clawdeen, Draculaura, Frankie, Jackson, and Cleo spend spring break at Gloom Beach. After a few days, Cleo arranges for Ghoulia to join them. Meanwhile, Deuce has a family reunion in Greece and Lagoona is spending her spring break at home Down Under.
Undated (presumably July)Edit
- Howleen is angry that Clawd and Clawdeen get to go on vacation with their friends while she has to stay at home for not being mature enough. Since Clawdeen put a lock on her closet, Howleen decides to get back at her by sleeping in her sister's bed and eating all the snacks Clawdeen left in her mini-fridge.
- Howleen writes an ode to Cushion, thanking him for eating worms because it disgusts Clawdeen.
- Operetta dedicates her diary to her friend Fynn, meaning to send it back to New Gorleans once its pages are filled. Operetta kicks it off with detailing the events of the day she moves away.
- Toralei is bored during the bus trip home from math camp. She ends up talking with a crying troll sitting next to her, named Teala, and learns her boyfriend dumped her by text the first night of math camp. She also learns that the boyfriend is smart, but not as good at math as Teala, and wishes to attend a college his favorite mad scientist teaches at, which happens to be someone Toralei knows of thanks to Hackington's classes. Toralei also happens to be able to imitate his voice perfectly.
- Toralei visits the belfry of Monster High for some quiet time and finds Spectra there. Spectra relays a few a rumors, from which Toralei deduces the only true element to be that Nefera de Nile is moving back to town.
- Howleen reminisces on the days her bond with Clawdeen was simpler. She also ponders on what to do with her hair.
- Nefera fails to show up at an appointment with a modeling agency her father had arranged due to a mild case of unwellness. Her father is not pleased, which upsets Nefera so much that she decides to throw a party.
- Toralei receives an email from Teala, informing her Teala's ex-boyfriend has apologized and asked for her to tutor him after he got a phone call from his favorite mad scientist, who told him he was lacking in math skills. Toralei is very pleased with the outcome.
- Toralei buys Sweet Fangs a toy.
- Nefera's party doesn't go as planned. Instead of being the center of the event and making some good connections with established members of the fashion industry, Nefera loses it when she sees a group of other upcoming models reading her fearbook and laughing. Taken over by paranoia, she faints, only to wake up the next morning to see the group of models helping her servants clean up. Nefera tells them to leave.
- Meowlody wants to prank Bloodgood by dying Nightmare white, but the execution only results in Purrsephone being dyed and needing to shave her fur off. Purrsephone is furious, but Meowlody is mostly glad Bloodgood lets them clean up instead of informing their parents of what they tried to do.
- Howleen is bored and goes to the Maul, where she is mesmerized by Operetta's performance in a music store. She asks if Operetta can teach her how to play guitar, but Operetta refuses because she doesn't think Howleen's ready yet for a teacher like she would be. She does show Howleen a few chords and gets her signed up for a week of free lessons at the music store.
- Operetta checks out the town and is enamored by the music store at the Maul. She picks up a guitar to try it out and finds herself the center of a little werewolf's attention. Instead of her usual ire about being disturbed while playing, Operetta picks up a conversation with the werewolf, who introduces herself as Howleen. Upon Howleen's request that she teaches her how to play guitar, Operetta refuses because Howleen is not yet ready for the advanced lessons she would give. She does teach her a few chords and gets her signed up at the music store for a week of free lessons though, which earns her a set of free strings from the owner.
- After soccer practice, Howleen is called over by the coach and a guest pro-player, who tell her she has much talent and already is a better player than Clawdeen at her age. Howleen is incredibly proud of herself and plans to gloat about it during dinner, but doesn't go through with it because it doesn't feel right. When she and Clawdeen afterwards are doing the dishes, Clawdeen brings up she met the coach at the Maul and heard the analysis from him, revealing she is in no way surprised to hear her little sister is doing so well at soccer. When Howleen reacts with shock, Clawdeen teases it's about soccer, not fashion, so it's really no revelation, which starts an amicable water fight between the two.
- Nefera is packing to return home, since her modeling career hasn't proceeded at all during the year she's been in Milan.
- Operetta meets Bloodgood and is surprised the headmistress isn't anywhere near the stuck-up she imagined her to be.
- Meowlody and Purrsephone buy Sweet Fangs a present and reminisce on their own pet, a canary, whom they had to give away long ago because Purrsephone was allergic to it.
- Toralei has Meowlody and Purrsephone visiting and works with them on a plan to get back at the Fear Squad for arranging their trip to math camp. Toralei recalls how it was only thanks to her help that Cleo learned even the basics of fearleading, which in turn angered Nefera, who wanted see Cleo fail. Out of spite, when she graduated, Nefera made Cleo the new captain instead of Toralei, and Toralei is still angry that Cleo didn't step aside and let her be captain anyway.
- Nefera is on her way to the plane home, but makes a detour to enact vengeance against the models she holds responsible for her loss. At their place, she tells them she wants to give them invitations to an exclusive restaurant she knows the models have been planning to go to as soon as they'll have established a career. She has made reservations for them and the first course will be served in two hours. With a car waiting to drive them to the restaurant too, she bids them farewell. Some hours later when the plane takes off, Nefera amuses herself with fantasies of what it will be like when the models get presented with the bill.
- Meowlody and Purrsephone intend to prank Ghoulia by leading her onto a bad piece of road with lots of holes in it, which all hold rain from the previous evening's storm. However, as they wait for Ghoulia to drive her scooter into a hole, Rochelle lands in front of Ghoulia and warns her about the prank. Meowlody and Purrsephone run off, but Rochelle catches up with them and throws a tirade on how they are mean and should not ever try to pull something like that again.
- Howleen and her family enjoy their annual end of summer boo-b-que. A meteor shower takes place towards the end of the evening and everyone ceases their activities to simply gaze at the sky show.
- Nefera's finally nearing her home after having sent the plane to several in-between landings for shopping. She and Azura witness the meteor shower, in which Nefera is satisfied to find symbolism that she will crush Cleo's happy little life.
- Operetta goes to the beach to play music to the rhythm of the falling stars. She notes to Fynn that she may not be able to write in her diary that often anymore when school starts.
- Meowlody and Purrsephone are late for an appointment with Toralei to prank some other monsters. None of the three mind, as they sit down in the coffee shop and just enjoy the meteor shower and one another's company.
- Toralei waits at a coffee shop near the beach for Meowlody and Purrsephone, with whom she intends to play a few pranks on other monsters. The twins are late though, and they don't enter the place until after the owner has dimmed the lights so that the patrons can enjoy the meteor shower better. Toralei suggests they'll leave the pranks for what they are and just enjoy a relaxing evening, which the twins agree to.
- Jackson and Holt figure out they are two sides of the same coin. Jackson is surprised, since though he always knew his parents were monsters, he had thought he'd only taken after his mother's human half. He's slightly peeved that his parents let him figure the connection between him and Holt out on his own instead of just telling him.
- Venus has a bad mood and can't focus during Mad Science because the classroom is damp and dark and she desperately needs sunlight.
- Rochelle is asked by Bloodgood why she wants to attend Monster High. Rochelle explains that she wants to see the world fully and that if she would attend a school with only gargoyles, she would probably never see more than what lies in one direction.
- Jackson is taken to the pediatrician by his mom because his parents worry over the fact that what triggers the change between him and Holt has changed from sunrise and sunset to loud music. Jackson meets a female werewolf with two pups in the waiting room, whom he has a friendly chat with and who turn out to be related to the Wolf family. The pediatrician concludes that the combination of Jackson's and Holt's volatile fire elemental heritage and their teenhood is the cause of the change in trigger and that it will likely change again before they reach adulthood.
- Venus tries to listen to Operetta playing guitar, but is initially told to go away because Operetta expects Venus to tell her to switch her guitar for one made from recycled materials. Venus won't budge, saying she just wants to listen and that as far as her pro-environment attitude is concerned, as a plant monster, she takes her nourishment from the soil and Operetta wouldn't like junk in her food either. Operetta agrees and lets Venus listen. However, she also tells her that a good cause is no excuse for mind control as she has seen Venus do. She relates that she herself has mind control powers but refuses to use them, as it alienates others and makes any victories she obtains in life meaningless. Then it's Venus's time to agree.
- Rochelle meets Deuce and falls in love. Deuce is oblivious to this and just glad to meet someone who cannot be harmed by his petrifying gaze.
- Venus relates that she owes her haircut to a monster aphid infestation on her old school, which resulted in her pruning her head and liking it enough to keep it that way on one half. She misses her old school because the classes were outdoors, while at Monster High she suffers from sunlight shortage. On Lagoona's insistence, she turns for help to Headless Headmistress Bloodgood. Bloodgood gives her the key to Crabgrass's old supply cabinet-turned-specialgrow room with sun-mimicking lights so she can use it whenever she needs it.
- Jackson has an appointment with the Monster High student counselor, Mr. D'eath, who turns out to have never counseled a human before and has a hard time pretending he is not even more nervous than usual.
- Rochelle forbids Ghoulia from seeing the new roller maze in the catacombs because it would be too dangerous. Ghoulia replies she can take care of herself and that it is not Rochelle's place to tell her what she can and can't do. Rochelle realizes she may have been over protective of her friend.
- Rochelle has an appointment with the Monster High student counselor, Mr. D'eath, which proceeds awkwardly until Rochelle notices a photo of Scaris and asks him about it. The rest of the appointment is filled with talk about Scaris, ending with D'eath admitting he's never been there in person and Rochelle urging him to go see the city for himself.
- Scarah reminisces on why she started learning telepathy—because everyone of her fellow students expects her spoken words to be a message of doom. All, that is, except Hoodude, which is one of the reasons they are friends.
- Venus has an appointment with D'eath. He mixes up her file with Ghoulia's and she doesn't have the heart to correct him when he enthusiastically makes suggestions for the bright future open to her~Ghoulia.
Undated (presumably early October)Edit
- The Polka Dot Dance party takes place. Lagoona helps with the decorations and makes sure she is well-hydrated. Operetta practices and puts music together in case Holt can't be the DJ that evening. Spectra buys herself some new journalist gear and prepares for an evening full of stories to tell.
- There's new tryouts for the Fear Squad and Hoodude suggests that Scarah competes. Scarah explains to him that, even though Cleo has changed since her old team left, she's not accepting her as her leader again. Also, back in the day Scarah was not allowed to cheer because people were intimidated by her voice, so all she really did was help prop up the base of the pyramids, which was and is no fun.
- Rochelle and Roux spend some time chasing pigeons of their roof.
- Scarah has to reject Heath for the umpteenth time. Dealing with Heath is one of the few times she appreciates people's fear of her voice.
- Venus makes some sketches of Chewlian, who doesn't cooperate because Venus closed the window earlier, bereaving him from a chance to have bugs for lunch. Venus promises to take him to the compost heap later if he sits still, which is enough to make him behave.
- Walking with Hoodude through the hallways of Monster High, Scarah witnesses him and Frankie greeting each other without Hoodude asking afterwards if Frankie's "Hi!" was more than just a "Hi!". She's proud of the way he has worked and is working to get over Frankie and glad to have a sensitive soul like him as her friend.
- Hoodude and Scarah consider the odds that they'd become friends if Frankie never broke up with Hoodude so he never ran out of the creepateria and bumped into Scarah.
- Knowing it's not good what she is doing, Rochelle sends Roux to steal Deuce's casketball when she spots him playing alone at the park close to her home. When Deuce arrives, Rochelle pretends to scold Roux for stealing the ball and gets Deuce to keep her company for some time.
- Robecca had an accident a century ago and it took a while before she was repaired. She has been living with Kindergrubber ever since then, though technically already since she became separated from her father. A recent discovery in a newly explored section of the catacombs gives her hope that he is alive though, and that one day they'll be reunited. Also, Ghoulia helps her relocate her father's laboratoy, where Robecca is reunited with Captain Penny.
- Clawd asks Scarah to ensure that Hoodude will be present at the fall athletics banquet, as there will be a special award waiting for him.
- Hoodude explores his voodoo powers by borrowing items from Manny and Heath and testing the effect of sticking pins in himself has on the other two students.
- While waiting outside Bloodgood's office to talk about a new exchange program, Scarah witnesses Hackington and Kindergrubber talking about the return of a student that Scarah deduces has to be Nefera. Apparently, she is to repeat her last year because she cheated her way out of that year. Scarah is just as 'thrilled' about Nefera's return as the two teachers.
- Hoodude considers the rumors that Nefera has to repeat her last year at Monster High and that Deuce is regularly hanging out on the rooftops with Rochelle, and finally what this all could mean for Cleo next year.
- Rochelle goes to the roller maze alone to skate a little. Since she is alone, she does not turn on the obstacles, as that is not a safe thing to do with no one watching your back. Suddenly, obstacles do pop up and Rochelle is passed by Robecca. Rochelle takes the challenge, but ends up with her wings caught in spider webbing and falling down a pit. Robecca saves her and when the two have ground back under them, they realize neither of them turned on the obstacles. Then they hear laughter from somewhere in the maze, followed by a purr.
- Jackson is waiting for Manny to make good on his threats toward him. However, it seems the bully is actively avoiding him, making Jackson wonder if someone stood up for him. Holt is entertained by Jackson's deduction.
- Scarah has succeeded in getting Hoodude to agree to come with her to the fall athletics banquet. They spend the day at the Maul to look for new clothes and end the day with tea and cookies at Kindergrubber's.
- Scarah learns that this year's winter carnival features a story telling contest and is sad her voice won't allow her to compete. She recalls that Operetta's voice is harmlesss to listen to through a recording and plans to pay her a visit in the catacombs to check if the same could be true for her.
- Jackson is one of the students assigned to help with the middle school carnival. He and Deuce help set up tents and get everything in place, and then have time to enjoy the carnival before they are needed again to take everything down. Jackson gets to see a stunt performance by Robecca and is sufficiently impressed that he brings out Holt so his alter ego gets to see the show too. After the carnival, the volunteers go to hang out at the Coffin Bean. Jackson is glad his trigger has changed so that he won't have to miss out on this type of fun anymore.
- Robecca gets reaquainted with the Steins and meets their young daughter Frankie. The Steins apologize they couldn't fix Robecca after the accident and to make up for it convince Headless Headmistress Bloodgood to let Robecca perform at the middle school carnival. Robecca's act is a huge success.
- Rochelle is one of the students assigned to help with the middle school carnival and gets the booth for demonstrating how to build sand castles. She has a great time, even more so when D'eath stops by to show her the ticket to Scaris he has bought. She is ambiguous to seeing Deuce again, since she knows her infatuation will only end in tears but she's not willing to part with her fantasy yet.
- Venus runs the face painting booth at the middle school carnival along with Draculaura. Venus enjoys being outside, having fun with friends, and acquiring a small audience for her views on the importance of keeping the environment clean.
- Scarah and Hoodude go to the fall athletics banquet together. When Hoodude receives his surprise award for being the best tackling target volunteer the football has ever had, Scarah is easily as surprised as he is, but she's very happy for him.
- Hoodude and Scarah go to the fall athletics banquet together. After all the awards are given out, Clawd hands out a surprise award to Hoodude on behalf of the whole football team for being their loyal tackling target the entire year. Hoodude is beside himself with joy.