Daughter of Arachne is the daughter of Arachne.
She is a humanoid, spider-like creature. Her prototype was seen at San Diego Comic-Con International 2011, and she was part of the vote for the next new character. She lost the vote, but it is unknown if this means she will definitely not be released.
Nothing about her personality is known at the moment since she is currently undeveloped and is unknown if or when she will be developed.
Classic MonsterArachne was a weaver who bragged about her weaving abilities, and the Greek goddess Athena got annoyed and challenged Arachne to a weaving contest. Arachne accepted, and the picture she weaved was actually better than Athena's. Athena got mad and made Arachne hang herself with what thread was left from the weaving, but then regretted it and turned her into a spider, cursed to weave her webs for the rest of her life.
Daughter of Arachne is Arachne's daughter.
None of Daughter of Arachne's friends are known of at the moment.
Contest Facebook Description
Daughter of Arachne, is one of the newest ghouls to hit the Monster High scene! Moan no more, if you like her the beast, then vote! Keep in mind - all Monster High designs and doll names are subject to change.
The Daughter of Arachne is the beast multi-tasking monster I've seen in centuries (her multiple limbs really give her a leg up on the competition)! Which ghoul do you think should be the next MH character?
- July 21, 2011: Daughter of Arachne is one of the contenders in the San Diego Comic-Con International doll contest.
- July 23, 2011: Daughter of Arachne's contest description is posted on the Monster High Facebook account.
- August 11, 2011: Daughter of Arachne is announced to not have won the San Diego Comic-Con International doll contest.
- Daughter of Arachne was first seen at the preview of the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con.
- As this is only a prototype, Daughter of Arachne has a Ghoulia necklace, and two Cleo de Nile arm bracelet repaints.
- Garrett Sander has expressed his support for Daughter of Arachne.