Mr. D'eath is a skeleton and guidance counselor at Monster High. He first was a mere mention in the Fearbook, but has since been prominently featured in the 'Between Classes' diaries and Ghoulfriends book series.
Though Mr. D'eath hasn't had much screen time in the Monster High webisodes, he plays quite an important role in the book Ghoulfriends Forever. Two of his most notable personality traits are his habit of constantly sighing and keeping a 'regret list,' which he describes as a comprehensive record of all the things he plans on regretting before the death of his soul.
D'eath is a skeletal creature whose outfit and contradictory happy persona play into the character of the Grim Reaper.
Skeletons are, of all types of undead, the ones most used to represent death. In European tradition, this association particularly took off in the late 14th century, when war, disease and famine were the more likely alternative to living another day safe and sound. Around this time, the Dance of Death genre was introduced, which used skeletons in its imageries as transitional characters between the joys of life and the inevitability of death. From this are the representation of death as a skeletal entity, the Grim Reaper in English, who in the 15th century received his scythe and black hooded cloak attributes.
- July 2010: D'eath has a staff entry in the Electronic Fearbook.
- Late March, 2012: D'eath makes his diary debut in Jackson Jekyll's 'Between Classes' diary and Rochelle Goyle's 'Between Classes' diary.
- September 5, 2012: D'eath makes his Ghoulfriends book debut in Ghoulfriends Forever.
- Mr. D'eath is remarkably similar to G. Reaper, who exclusively appeared in the webisode "Back-to-Ghoul". It's possible Mattel intended them to be the same character, but that there was miscommunication about the identity or trademark problems.
- D'eath's credentials and favorite quote are as follows:
- North Styx State B.A., Modern Dance/Journalism
- Tombstone Tech M.A., Peace Studies
- "What's the worst thing that could happen?"
- "North Styx State" is a reference to the river Styx, which in Greek mythology was the body that separated the realm of the living from the realm of the dead.
- He is featured in the Ghoulfriends series, and seems to have formed a friendship with Rochelle Goyle, opening up to her about many of his key personality traits and giving her permission to revamp his wardrobe and set him up on a date with Sylphia Flapper.