Catty Noir is a 2013-introduced and all-around character. She is a werecat and a student at Monster High. Having striven for a place in the music industry from a very young age, Catty is a world-famous pop star and teen idol, who has many fans at Monster High. It was a meeting with these fans that eventually made her decide to put her career on hold at age 16 to enjoy what remained of her teenage years as a regular student. Though she loves to sing and entertain others, it does her good to finally have time for herself again. One thing she hasn't put on hold is her adherence to superstition. In general, the way it affects her life is small and can be worked with, but occasionally her uncompromising beliefs get her into trouble. Catty has gotten her main look from her 'SSS Self-signature standing' look and outfit to her New Scaremester' look and outfit, but according to her profile picture on her article, it was switched back to her SSS look. She is very superstitious and because she is a black werecat, which a black cat usually causes bad luck, to prevent bad luck she usually wears broken glass in her attire forming, and eats a certain amount of fast food, which is seven chicken nuggets, five apple slices, and one strawberry milkshake to prevent bad luck to happen.
Presumably born as a resident of the Boonited States of Scaremerica, Catty discovered her passion and talent for singing at a young age. Her first attempt to find an audience for herself was during a grade school talent show, but she only made it to second place. In response, she dedicated most of her free time for years practicing to perfect her voice and making a name for herself by performing wherever she could. Eventually, she made it big in her early teens and has been touring since. Monster High.However, at the age of 16, the pressure of celebrity life, especially the cruelty of tabloid journalism, caught up with her and prompted her to put her career on pause for a while so she could get some time for herself again. For this purpose, she enrolled at
There are three words that get to the core of who Catty is: superstitious, driven, and grateful. Ever since she was just a little ghoul, Catty has put all her effort into both perfecting her voice and making a name for herself. With the exception of the support her family gave her, she is 1000% self-made. And yet, she is humble about her accomplishments, because she is aware that in the end, all her efforts would have been for nothing if not for the fans who embraced her. She's also quick to give credit to the management and touring crew that arrange everything for her so she only has to worry about singing and reading her fan mail.Catty is a very superstitious person, which is a fact she is aware of herself and readily admits. Much of this is expressed through ritualistic behavior. She always has a piece of a broken mirror with her on stage, always enters the stage left and after having walked under the stage ladder first, always leaves the stage right and then walks under the stage ladder there, and her pre-concert meal also is always the same: thirteen items, of which seven chicken nuggets, five apple slices, and one strawscary shake.
True to the French origin of her family name, Catty is a black werecat with long, hot pink hair and flashy pink eyes. In her own words, she loves "big, flashy, larger than unlife outfits because they are ghoulishly glitzy, creeporifically cool and fangsolutely fun!" She has the appearance of an anthropomorphic humanoid cat with pointed ears on top of her head, and fangs, though she does not sport fangs in any of the dolls. She also has a tail which is present on both the dolls as well as in the cartoon.
Though never seen in the webisodes, Catty has a werecat's abilities and also abilities of werebeasts in general.
- Feline Instincts: Catty can be compelled by certain cattish-like instincts, which can or not be an ability at all times, including extending or retracting claws and fierce canines for teeth.
- Agility: As a werecat, Catty has an increased agility and flexibility being swift and fast and always landing on her feet, just like non-were cats.
- Athleticism: Though not shown, it is presumed that Catty is very athletic and good at sports since she is a werebeast. She most likely has this ability.
Catty was never shown to have any abilities to perform polymorphism and turn from a werecat human-like form to a non-werecat cat form.
During her years touring, Catty had few contacts that had the potential to evolve into friendships and as such she only has two friends from that time period: fellow singer Casta Fierce and actress Elissabat, although through Elissabat she's also on good terms with Viperine Gorgon. Especially Casta whom she is close with. One special case is Catty's backstage meeting with several Monster High students, of whom Lagoona Blue left the best impression. This meeting was what prompted Catty to consider taking a break from stardom, which she shortly after did to enroll at Monster High for a few years. Here, she met fellow musicians Operetta and Holt Hyde, with whom she quickly got along. As well, Catty formed a close connection with her fellow members of the Disappearing Club, Invisi Billy, and Twyla, ever since they helped her avoid the more demanding of her fans among the students. . Catty also became friends with Gigi Grant during their school tour and shopping trip together in the New Scaremester.
- December 12, 2012: Mattel requests the trademark for Catty Noir.
- Late March, 2013: Catty Noir is featured in the booklets of Ghoul's Night Out, of which a few dolls get an early release in Australia.
- Early May, 2013: Catty Noir makes her diary debut in Twyla's 13 Wishes diary.
- June 06, 2013: Catty Noir makes her animated debut in the "We Are Monster High" music video.
- July 12, 2013: Catty Noir's profile is published on the Monster High website.
- July 12, 2013: Catty Noir's profile art is revealed.
- Late August, 2013: Catty Noir's debut doll is released as a self-standing 'Signature' doll.
- October 08, 2013: Catty Noir makes her 3D cartoon debut at the end of "13 Wishes".
- February 20, 2014: Catty Noir makes her 2D cartoon debut in "Monsters of Music".
- September 29, 2015: Catty Noir makes her second 3D debut in "Boo York Boo York"