|Pet||I do not have a pet, but I love the pigeons of Scaris- they are très doux.|
|BFFs||I am in love with the city- she is my constant companion.|
|Read the full profile|
Catrine DeMew is a 2012-introduced and all-around character. She is a werecat and a student at Monster High. Catrine was born and raised in Scaris, France, which instilled in her a love for art. She is an accomplished painter with a drive for perfection, who in her teens spent a lot of her free time as a street artist. Following a big incident in the Scarisian fashion scene, Catrine was inspired to pack her bags and travel to the USA to attend Monster High. Though still in the process of adapting to the new environment, Catrine enjoys the fresh experience.
Catrine is a perfectionistic artist from Scaris, who loves her city dearly.
Catrine has white fur, and shoulder-length, wavy purple hair with pink streaks. She has bright blue, catlike eyes and a purple catlike nose, along with short ears and a tail. She also has a beauty mark below her left eye.
On her website profile she says that the city is her constant companion.
On her website profile she states that she doesn't own a pet but she loves the pigeons of Scaris.
- April 16, 2012: Mattel requests the trademark for Catrine DeMew.
- July 14, 2012: Catrine DeMew's debut doll is on display at San Diego Comic-Con International.
- October 09, 2012: Walmart puts up an ad for a scavenger hunt that shows obscured art of Catrine DeMew. Fans track the source code to get the proper image, which turns out to be part of Catrine's profile art.
- January 10, 2013: Catrine DeMew's profile is published on the Monster High website.
- January 10, 2013: Catrine DeMew's full profile art is revealed.
- Late January, 2013: Catrine DeMew's debut doll is released as part of the Scaris: City of Frights series.
- March 03, 2013: Catrine DeMew makes her 3D cartoon debut in "Scaris: City of Frights".
- November 27, 2013: Catrine DeMew makes her 2D cartoon debut in "Eye of the Boo-holder".
- The name "Catrine DeMew" is based on "Catherine Deneuve", a French actress whose oeuvre contains a role in the 1983 horror movie The Hunger.